We have a great career opportunity available for a Project Manager in our Columbia, South Carolina headquarters. The South Carolina State Library seeks a creative, detail-oriented person to work with the leadership team and staff to evaluate and manage projects for the larger strategic organizational initiatives. They must be well connected with others across the organization in order to evaluate and influence objectives. They must have the perspective across teams and departments and act as an agency connector to maximize opportunities for collaboration.
The candidate must be able to:
- build relationships and connect with employees across the organization to influence outcomes,
- gain knowledge of the agency’s mission, programs and objectives,
- interpret and apply rules and regulations,
- manage work and provide guidance to employees,
- make presentations and prepare reports,
- exercise judgment and discretion,
- make and communicate decisions and,
- have knowledge of management principles.
This position requires consistent exercise of discretion and judgment in matters of significance to the agency.
- Leads project or program design
- Establishment of associated goals and milestones, scheduling of timelines, follow-up, evaluation, and reporting. This position may be responsible for direct evaluation and reporting of projects as well.
- Coordinates large, often cross functional organization wide projects or initiatives.
- Brings together multiple stakeholders and helps drive decisions.
- Creates and updates dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators.
- Tracks or ensures tracking of projects for agency wide projects.
- Leads strategic planning for the agency.
- Responsible for follow up and evaluation of strategic goal alignment for the Agency.
- Coordinates collaboration of the five-year IMLS strategic evaluation and five-year strategic plan.
- Ensures the IMLS federal grant aligns with the SCSL strategic plan and that projects align with the established goals.
- Attends legislative, public, and advocacy group meetings.
- Prepares information for the Agency Director presentations and/or discussions.
- Explores opportunities for potential collaborative partnerships with other state agencies.
- Assists the Agency Head in identifying critical areas of focus and metrics for success.
- Researches and analyzes data to establish benchmarks and make recommendations.
- Works with teams to create documented processes, procedures, and systems to streamline operations to achieve maximum effectiveness.
- Assesses issues that act as barriers to a team operating at maximum effectiveness.
- Interprets policies and rules of programs administered by the agency.
- Recommends new programs or revisions to existing programs administered by the agency; assess programs and implements policy, procedure, or rule change.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
- A bachelor's degree and relevant program experience.
- Project Management Certified.
- Experience in management principles and strategic planning.
- Experience coordinating large functional organization wide projects or initiatives.
- Experience in the execution of projects, establishing partnerships, and preparing information for presentations and/or discussions.
Work takes place in an office environment. Overnight travel is not expected for this position, however may be occasionally necessary. Some local travel is expected. Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from consideration for employment.
Complete the state application to include all current and previous work/salary history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed in lieu of a completed state application to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Include a cover letter, resume, copy of college transcripts, and three professional references. Reference and background check will be conducted.
SCSL is committed to providing our employees with a collaborative and inclusive work environment that provides challenging work, personal and professional growth, and a work/life balance.
In addition to all the great perks we’ve already shared, we also offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement, and more
- 15 days of annual leave per year
- 15 days of sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- Team Building Activities – We believe in growing together
Don’t miss this great opportunity to take your career to the next level! Apply today.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age (over 40), sex, including pregnancy and childbirth (or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.