• The mission of the York County Library (YCL) is to enrich and sustain the lives of the citizens of York County by providing library services that meet their informational, recreational, and lifelong learning needs.
• Serving York County, SC, YCL is headquartered in Rock Hill, with branches in Clover, Fort Mill, Lake Wylie and York. In addition, YCL has a bookmobile and a specialized wheelchair accessible sprinter van to provide outreach services.
• Continuing its commitment to learning for education and entertainment, YCL offers a variety of free programs for adults, teenagers and children. From author visits to theatre performances, everyone can find something to meet their interests. YCL also provides classes for learning to use computers and the Internet.
• Along with its collection of print material, audiobooks, downloadable material and more, YCL also offers numerous electronic resources through its website and Virtual Library, most of which can be accessed around the clock from any computer. With computer terminals featuring Internet access, educational software, and more at all locations, YCL is well-equipped to meet the needs of the community in this digital age.
Starting Salary, Hours, & Benefits:
• Beginning salary is $51,896.00 per year for 40 hours per week.
• The benefits package for the Outreach Manager includes participation in the South Carolina Retirement System, comprehensive medical benefits including dental and vision, vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays, and 3 optional days/floating holidays.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• The purpose of this position is to cultivate relationships, form partnerships, and supervise library outreach activities across York County.
• This is a hands-on, frontline managerial position that both leads and models exceptional customer service in all areas for a staff of six and works collaboratively as an active participating member of the department.
• The Outreach Manager is responsible for daily operations, guiding staff in the development of programs and service delivery, managing a budget and maintaining the collection, developing outcomes for target populations based on community needs, coordinating library involvement in area festivals and community events, and functioning as a manager on duty on a rotating basis.
• Duties also include operating and initiating maintenance for Bookmobile, Sprinter Van, and car including regularly scheduled maintenance and repairs.
• Other duties necessary to help ensure the provision of effective library services and efficient department operations may be assigned by the hiring manager.
• This job involves lifting up to 50 pounds, walking and standing a great deal of the time, and daily carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, and stretching as part of the job.
York County Library is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to achieving excellence and strength through diversity. York County Library seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that one of our core values, a qualified and diverse workforce, will be affirmed. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance requires York County Library to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Required Training & Experience:
• Completion of ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS degree.
• Two to five years of post MLS/MLIS experience in library services or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• At least two years of supervisory experience in a public library setting.
• Ability to work a schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
Preferred Training & Experience:
• Experience with computers and digital technology.
• Customer service and problem-solving skills.
• Experience presenting information in a variety of settings including small and large groups.
• Ability to effectively engage with all ages.
• Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
Special Certifications & Licenses:
• Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license with an acceptable driving history.
• Applications are available at any York County Library or online at www.yclibrary.org.
• Resumes are required, and will not be accepted in lieu of a York County Library employment application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
• The completed application along with the accompanying resume may be hand delivered, mailed or emailed to Martin House (firstname.lastname@example.org), York County Library, 138 East Black Street, Rock Hill, SC 29730.
• Eligible candidates will be called for an interview after the closing date listed on the posting.
• Due to the high volume of applications received, acknowledgement of their receipt will not be sent to applicants.