One Position will be located at Summerville Library, Summerville, SC
Six Positions may be located at the new Ashley River Library location.
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN AMENDED TO REFLECT CHANGE IN PAY AND QUALIFICATIONS.
The purpose of the class is to perform routine library functions and general clerical work in assigned service. Provides assistance to patrons with locating and checking out materials, shelving library materials and other clerical duties as assigned; and to provide professional and courteous customer service at all times. The class is given a general outline of work to be performed and is free to develop work methods and sequences; work is reviewed periodically by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assists patrons with locating resources and checking in and out materials.
• Updates patron records and issue library cards.
• Places holds on books and materials as requested.
• Inspects returned materials for damage, verifies due date and computes and receives any applicable fines.
• Retrieves deposited materials from book return.
• Prepares library for opening and closing.
• Ensures previously shelved items are in correct order.
• Assists the public in the use of technology, including software, online tools, and mobile devices.
• Provides pro-active customer service in assisting patrons in all areas of the library.
• Performs general administrative/clerical work as required, including but not limited to preparing reports and correspondence, entering, and retrieving computer data, copying, and filing document, answering the telephone, etc.
• Attends trainings, meetings, workshops, conferences, etc., as necessary to maintain job knowledge and skills.
• Performs other related job duties as assigned.
FULL-TIME - $31,200.12 - $34,320.13 Annually
Category: Clerical & Data Entry / Miscellaneous
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Excellent Customer Service Skills.
Please visit our website: