Discus – South Carolina’s Virtual Library, a service of the South Carolina State Library, is the “information place” for all South Carolinians.
Talk about enhancing the educational experience! We found our August 2023 featured publication, Florence-Darlington Technical College (FDTC) Early College Academy Career Pathways, on the FDTC website.
South Carolina's Talking Book Services Director, Jennifer Falvey, appeared on Columbia's WIS TV News local segment, Soda City Live, on Thursday, July 27th.
Road trip, anyone? Our roads tell us many things about the history, culture, and development of South Carolina. Traveling our roads can lead to exciting destinations and new adventures.
Nature’s history is recorded by us. We may document the way natural events affect us, what they teach us, or how these events change the natural world around us. Our May 2023 featured state publication is an example of this type of documentation.
Based on its importance as a food source and vital species for the coastal food web, the health of the South Carolina blue crab population is of concern to both commercial and recreational crabbers.
People from all over the United States and the world visit South Carolina state parks. Thanks to the State Library’s partnership with South Carolina Parks, Recreation, and Tourism, you can see these parks for free.
- Miss USA to Grand Marshall Read-In Parade
- Spring Grants Workshops
- New December 2022 State Documents
- Innovation and Collaboration Deliver the Outdoors to More South Carolinians
- Share Your Library's Story
- TBS "Connect the Dots" Newsletter
- New November 2022 State Documents
- New October 2022 State Documents
- State Library Unveils Historical Marker
- September 2022 State Documents