South Carolina library staff can attend online courses from Infopeople via the State Library's account. Upcoming classes include Children's Services Fundamentals, Emerging Technologies for Library Service, and Foundations of Library Services. New classes are scheduled regularly. Each course requires about ten hours of work over four weeks, including readings, assignments, and online discussion. Some courses are approved for credit from the ALA Library Support Staff Certification program. To take an Infopeople course, contact the Continuing Education Consultant with the title of the course and the staff member's name and email.
- September 22 - Dementia Friendly Libraries: Programming Ideas for People With Dementia and Their Caregivers
- September 23 - Your Library Within Your Community: Creating and Sustaining and Identity
- September 24 - Social Justice Awareness: Navigating Conversations About Race
- September 29 - Addressing Accessibility Needs During a Health & Racial Pandemic
- September 30 - Medline Plus Database Overview
- October 1 - Respite Care Awareness-
- October 6 - Programming and Policies that MATTER
- October 7 - PCI Webinar: Why Did I Make that Dumb Decision? Understanding Common Fallacies of Decision Making and How to Avoid Them
- October 14 - PCI Webinar: Horror Readers Advisory: How to Help Your Scariest Patrons
- October 21 - PCI Webinar: Effective Communication During a Conflict
For information on State Library webinars and workshops, check out our Events page or visit the Continuing Education guide. For assistance with staff training, contact Tiffany Hayes, Continuing Education Consultant.