Do you know individuals or groups that have had a statewide impact on literacy? Nominate them for the South Carolina Annual Literacy Leader (ALL) awards for 2013.
The ALL awards are presented by the School of Library and Information Science at the University of South Carolina in the fall of each year to up to three individuals and/or groups that have had a statewide impact on literacy in South Carolina.
Contributions may include the following activities:
• developing and implementing innovative and creative approaches to literacy education;
• establishing models of best practices in literacy education;
• providing service to under-served groups and communities;
• providing funding and support for these kinds of programs; or
• making other statewide contributions deemed appropriate by the selection committee.
Recipients can be any individuals, agencies, organizations or corporations with a local presence in South Carolina, regardless of their primary place of residence or corporate headquarters.
Nominations should take the form of a one-page letter summarizing the statewide impact of the nominee with respect to the award criteria. Nominations should be received no later than April 30, 2013.
Last year's recipients were Dr. Randy Akers, Executive Director of the Humanities CouncilSC, Rudy Mancke, professor, naturalist and host of SCETV's NatureScene, and The South Carolina Book Awards Program coordinated by the South Carolina Association of School Librarians.
Nominations may be sent via email to Bobbi Kennedy, Chair of the ALL Nominations Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail to Dr. S. K. Hastings, School of Library and Information Science, University of South Carolina, Davis College, 1501 Greene St., Columbia, SC 29208.