PASCAL is a consortium of 57 college and university libraries housed within the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education. PASCAL provides resources and support for academic libraries. The consortium fosters cooperation on a broad range of issues including shared licensing of electronic resources, universal borrowing, collaborative collection management, affordable learning and library systems support.
The Shared Library Services Platform (SLSP) Systems Librarian is a member of the PASCAL team that supports the management of the SLSP for participating South Carolina academic libraries. The SLSP is a 55-member library Ex Libris Alma and Primo implementation with a shared “Network Zone” and 53 “Institution Zones.” Reporting to the SLSP Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating and providing direct technical support for the libraries in PASCAL’s SLSP. The incumbent works in close cooperation with members of PASCAL’s Content and Services Team, and a variety of external stakeholders through the consortia’s Collaborative Management Framework in order to facilitate system support. The job duties for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides and coordinates SLSP system management, implementation of ancillary tools (3rd party software, APIs, etc.) as needed to better support library operations.
- Analyzes, documents, and resolves system issues and coordinates responses with the vendor, PASCAL staff, and the libraries.
- Coordinates or provides training and support so that library staff can achieve effective and efficient use of the system. Provides front-line user support in a variety of formats, including via help desk software.
- Coordinates new software releases and evaluates the functionality of optional features for the system.
- In conjunction with member librarians, researches, evaluates, and makes recommendations relating to external third-party products that may provide enhanced functionality or services based on the shared system.
- Serves as a functional expert and provides leadership in one or more system functional areas. These may include discovery access and design, fulfillment, metadata, electronic resource management, system administration, etc.
- Participates in a project management-based approach to advance the adoption and use of the system, particularly in pursuit of objectives as outlined in PASCAL’s strategic agenda.
- Actively participates in and represents PASCAL in various internal and external working groups, as appropriate.
- Provides technical support for internal operations and activities which may include desktop and network support; website, and project management and ticketing toolsets (e.g. LibGuides, Basecamp, etc.)
- May be involved in training of graduate student assistants and/or interns upon occasion.
Minimum Requirements: Masters’ Degree in Library Science. Significant additional experience that specifically and directly includes preferred requirements related to library systems management will be considered in Lieu of the MLS degree. Library systems support experience. Experience supporting and troubleshooting information technology systems, including training. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Additional Requirements: Knowledge and experience of systems support for automated library systems. Knowledge of academic library operations and current library organization, procedures and services including technical support, catalog management, collection development, or reference services. Ability to work independently and exercise initiative. Ability to coordinate work with others in a team environment. This position may require overnight travel. This position may require employee to work evenings and weekends.
- At least 2-3 years demonstrated experience managing integrated library systems
- Experience managing Alma and/or Primo VE
- Experience with multiple areas of library operations including systems, fulfillment, discovery, resource management, metadata, etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining websites, particularly using the Springshare suite of tools
- Experience operating within a library consortium environment
- Interface design experience
- Project management training or experience, including use of complex tools
- Experience developing and maintaining user support activities and tools
- Experience providing internal office technical support
For more information, please review the posting on our website:
Submit your application: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc?keywords=%2060021341
The deadline for applications is November 14, 2021.