We have a great career opportunity available for a Statewide Services Coordinator in our Columbia, South Carolina headquarters.
The South Carolina State Library seeks a creative, detail-oriented person to work as a member of the Library Development department in a role that coordinates program initiatives, community partnerships, and needs-based services with public libraries around the state.
- Manage circulating kits related to STEM activities for use by public and school libraries
- Coordinate delivery and pickup of kits for library staff
- Maintain kit technology and supplies
- Recommend new kits as needed
- Assist Library Development team in assessing and responding to needs of public libraries
- Participate in site visits to libraries to learn about their program and outreach needs (especially in relation to technology)
- Make connections and develop partnerships to support library efforts toward digital literacy and other patron needs
- Plan training related to partnership efforts
- With the Library Development team, conduct programs to support prison and institutional libraries
Based on the goals and strategic directions of the State Library as implemented within the Library Development division, Statewide Services Coordinator evaluates public library needs related to technology and programs and assists with creating partnerships and programs to meet those needs. Externally, the Coordinator works directly with public libraries and other agencies to implement some projects, and internally across departments for others. This position reports to the Library Development Director who sets direction and oversees the team’s expenditures
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Two (2) years relevant experience, preferably in library, technology, and/or community outreach.
- Possess a basic level of knowledge about public libraries and their role in local communities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, outside organizations, and the general public.
- Ability to evaluate and implement new technology.
- Good writing skills.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
- A high school diploma and relevant program experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Hiring range: $41,000 - $50,000
SCSL is committed to providing our employees with a collaborative and inclusive work environment that provides challenging work, personal and professional growth, and a work/life balance.
In addition to all the great perks we’ve already shared, we also offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement, and more
- 15 days of annual leave per year
- 15 days of sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- Team Building Activities – We believe in growing together
Don’t miss this great opportunity to take your career to the next level! Apply today.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age (over 40), sex, including pregnancy and childbirth (or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin