This spring we kick off a monthly series on African American genealogy. Each session features a different topic to help South Carolinians trace their family history.
- June 8, 2022: Archivist Steven D. Tuttle hosts “Sources for African American Genealogical Research at the SC Department of Archives and History.”
- July 6, 2022: Genealogist Robin R. Foster explores websites, Facebook groups, and genealogy-related documents.
- August 3, 2022: Genealogist Karen Strickland shares her research journey in "How I Found my Enslaved Ancestor."
- September 15, 2022: Genealogist Quientell Walker shares the research strategies and sources he used to uncover his upstate South Carolina family history.
- October 19, 2022: Dr. Walter Curry, Jr. hosts, "Writing Family History- The Narrative History Approach" and details how to use stories and accounts to analyze a family’s history.
The series is free and open to everyone, join us!