Develops, manages and schedules age-appropriate programs which includes coordinating activities with all necessary materials (i.e. craft materials, name tags, audio-visual, book lists, etc.) and reporting patron issues or concerns.
- Assists the public in the use of library resources, including catalogs, indexes, computerized search systems and the internet.
- Provides supervision, training, advice, and assistance to other staff as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between elementary, middle and high schools and the library; represents the library regarding elementary and young adult activities throughout the community.
- Plans and provides outreach programming throughout the community or library system as needed.
- Coordinates with other children’s services personnel as required to provide coordinated system-wide children’s programming and services.
- Supervises assigned staff and volunteers; supervisory duties include scheduling, instructing, planning, and assisting work, reviewing/evaluating work, maintaining standards, and coordinating activities.
- Coordinates the young adult volunteer program; trains, supervises and reviews the work of assigned volunteers.
- Participates in the development of library policies and procedures; recommends policy and procedural changes to better meet library and patron needs.
- Prepares library for opening and closing; may supervise operations of the branch as needed.
- Provides basic reader advisory and reference services; assists library patrons in using various resources and equipment of the library.
- Performs circulation duties; checks books in and out; registers patrons for library cards; places holds on books as requested; reserves audio-visual equipment as requested; processes inter-library loan requests; inspects returned materials for damage; verifies due date; computes and receives fines.
- Promotes the library, its services and programs to the public; gives presentations to various community/civic/school groups; prepares promotional materials and press releases; takes photographs for media and website use.
- Keeps supervisor informed of all issues and concerns encountered.
- Participates in collection development; analyzes current collection for currency, physical condition, general quality and usefulness; recommends books, audio books, DVDs and other library materials; checks in newly purchased and processed materials.
- Performs general administrative/ clerical work as required, including but not limited to preparing reports and correspondence, entering, and retrieving computer data, copying, and filing document, answering the telephone, etc.
- Attends trainings, meetings, workshops, conferences, etc., as necessary to maintain job knowledge and skills.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s in Library Science from an accredited college or university or obtained within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Minimum of two (2) years library experience preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year direct customer/public service experience required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must obtain a SC Librarian Professional License within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Apply at: www.dorchestercountysc.gov