The purpose of the class is to plan, coordinate, and provide reference services and the library system’s public and staff training programs; to perform other professional library duties; supervise Library subordinate staff and volunteers as assigned; perform related work as required. Leads and implements programs and services supporting learning needs of STEAM; communicates and promotes Bookmobile and STEAM mobile Lab services. The class works within a general outline of work to be performed and develops work methods and sequences under general supervision.
Promotes the Bookmobile and STEAM Mobile Lab, its services, and programs to the public. Assists in taking photographs for marketing purposes. Engages in targeted outreach through community events and school visits.
Oversees bookmobile operations to include scheduling, instructing, assigning, and reviewing work, maintaining standards, coordinating activities, reporting patron issues or concerns relating to the bookmobile. Provides training, advice. Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in library science from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and training.
- Degree or coursework in one or more STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) fields related to the position.
- Minimum of three (3) years applicable experience working in education and/or a STEAM related field.
- Valid SC Driver’s License with a clean and current 5 year driving record.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Interested applicants should apply at www.dorchestercountysc.gov.