Location: Support Services
Full-time position for an energetic, team-orientated individual with experience in driving commercial vehicles and the delivery of materials. Responsibilities include driving the Mobile Library and other Outreach vehicles during daily routes and events, assisting with customer service, and delivery of library materials around the county. Duties also include interacting with patrons, registration of new library card applications, hosting programs, talking with partners, and ensuring the delivery of great customer service with our Mobile Library services, Assisted Living services, and deposit collections around the community.
This position will participate in other tasks such as loading and unloading library materials and equipment onto vehicles and processing, sorting and re-shelving library materials according to library classification systems. Duties may also include assisting Route & Delivery in their transporting of library materials between branches.
Candidates should be good listeners and communicators, enjoy working cooperatively as a team member and the ability to carry out assignments independently. Must be flexible to assume additional responsibilities and scheduling requirements as needed to meet the coverage needs of the department. Other duties as assigned.
Hiring Salary Range: $42,432.00 - $47,798.40 annually commensurate with education and experience.
· High School graduate or GED equivalent.
· Prior library or community/outreach-related experience necessary.
· Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as policies and procedure manuals, vehicle maintenance manuals, and directional maps.
· Must possess excellent customer service skills, the ability to get along well with others and to communicate effectively with the library staff and patrons and a strong work ethic.
· Must use tact, courtesy and good judgement when communicating with co-workers and patrons.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
· Must have the stamina for periods of walking, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and sitting.
· Ability to shelve library materials as needed.
· Must be able to lift library materials including books, AV equipment, program materials and maneuver loaded book carts weighing approximately fifty (50) to one hundred (100) pounds.
· Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus.
Go to https://www.ccpl.org/careers and fully complete the application form. You will also need to upload an updated resume and cover letter to the CCPL application.