The Saluda County Library Board welcomes applications from dynamic, innovative and service-oriented candidates for a Director to lead the continuing development of library services in a small rural county. The Director reports to the Library Board, and is responsible for budget planning and management, library policies, operations and staff leadership.
The Saluda County library system includes a main library and one branch. The library serves a population of 20,000 and is located in central South Carolina. Visit the Library’s website, http://www.youseemore.com/saluda/ and the County’s website for more information: https://saludacounty.sc.gov/ Saluda is centrally located between several metropolitan areas and has an excellent school system.
• Develops and implements library policies and procedures.
• Directs, monitors, evaluates, and administers all the library's programmatic, fiscal, and personnel functions.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
• Coordinates and collaborates with other local agencies and organizations.
• Administers grant funds; prepares and presents budget requests; manages budgeted funds.
• Administers personnel policies and supervises library staff; completes performance evaluations.
• Provides training to library personnel in the sue of printed reference materials and electronic resources.
• Coordinates long-term library planning for the development of library services.
• Directs public relations campaigns to promote the library within the community.
• Assists in the planning of new construction or alteration to existing facilities.
• Coordinates the development of library collections.
• Prepares and submits a variety of regular and special reports.
• Participates in professional organizations and meetings.
• Performs related duties.
Salary range: $49,095 annually, with excellent benefits. This is a full time position, available immediately.
Ideal candidates will have an MLS from an ALA accredited library program and 5 years of increasing responsibility in managing or supporting library service, including administrative (budgeting, planning) and supervisory responsibility. The successful candidate will have a strong philosophy of customer service, effective communication and public relations skills, the ability to build consensus among library stakeholders, and a thorough understanding of library automation operations. The Saluda County Library is in the process of planning and construction of a new central building. Candidates having experience with library construction projects will be seen as more competitive. Additionally, candidates with Spanish language skills will be highly considered.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of library science and administration.
• Knowledge of library technology.
• Knowledge of management and supervisory principles and practices.
• Knowledge of accounting and budget management principles.
• Knowledge of collection management principles.
• Knowledge of personnel management.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in management and supervision.
• Skill in the use of an automated library system.
• Skill in interpersonal and public relations.
• Skill in report preparation and presentation.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
Find the application form and instructions on the Saluda County website: https://saludacounty.sc.gov/jobs
Applications along with resume and ten-year driving record may be submitted to Sandra Padget, Administrator, at 400 W. Highland Street, Saluda, SC or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Position is open until filled. EOE