Librarian III/Branch Manager POS#117000237
West Regional Branch Library
$50,684.29 to $52,442.00 annually
Are you an energetic, team-orientated individual with a strong public service devotion? Join our extraordinary team as a Librarian III Branch Manager and take the helm of a library brimming with endless possibilities. You will have the duties of overseeing all branch services and operations in accordance with policy and procedures, including Adult Services, Youth Services, Circulation Services, and Paging. Moreover, you will be entrusted with hiring, supervising, training, evaluating and scheduling branch staff to ensure customers are given efficient, prompt, and exceptional assistance.
• Ensures policies and procedures are followed and library goals are met
• Participates in task forces, committees, and other special projects as assigned, e.g., grant-writing
• Conducts regular staff meetings and ensures communication between departments and individuals
• Keeps staff informed of system wide initiatives; promotes library trends and new technologies to branch staff
• Maintains a well-organized, current branch collection by making recommendations for new and retrospective materials to the Division Manager for Collection Development & Technology Innovation
• Identifies characteristics of the branch service area to recommend materials and to plan and present needed programs, services, and community outreach activities, in response to the changing needs of the community
• Represents the branch in the local community, seeking partnerships and building relationships with community groups
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in Library Science and two (2) years of professional library experience to include one (1) year of supervisory experience in a library setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Management Preferences: Public Library experience preferred.
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cumberlandcountync?keywords=library%20
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Contact Ebonee Moore-Brantley (910) 678-6100 firstname.lastname@example.org
at the Cumberland County Human Resources Department.
Library website: https://www.cumberlandcountync.gov/departments/library-group/library