The Anderson County Library is seeking a motivated and energetic Librarian to complete our Youth Services Team. Working under the immediate direction and supervision of the Head of Youth Services, this position will help coordinate youth programs and services for the library system, carry out the systematic collection development procedures for youth materials, and fulfill the needs of patrons and helps in answering directional questions. Responsibilities include:
• Helps coordinate youth programs and services under the supervision of the Head of Youth Services:
o Reviews statistics about all programs and uses this to plan for next year’s programs.
o Helps develop the Summer Reading Program and coordinates special events and speakers.
o Plans and conducts family programs and community outreach events, as requested.
o Plans and conducts programming for youth at the Main Library and in the Branches.
o Plans and arranges with staff displays for library exhibits at the Main Library.
o Evaluates present circulating collection for age, condition, and currency in assigned juvenile subject areas. Makes additions and deletions based on criteria from the Collection Development Policy in consultation with the Head of Youth Services.
• Oversees changes of daily work schedule due to unexpected public demands in the absence of the Head of Youth Services.
• Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position; in addition to the base salary, medical, dental, and paid time off are included in total compensation. Salary range: $40,000-$45,000
Required Minimum Qualifications
• Master’s degree in library science from an accredited university.
• Library experience preferred.
• Children’s programming preferred.
• One (1) year of experience working with creative technology hardware, software and related tools in a library, lab or educational setting preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of standard library functions, practices, and procedures; ability to learn and adhere to our library policies and procedures; ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Knowledge of resources in field of specialty either in Reference Services, Children’s Services, or Technical Services.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, employees, branch managers and system personnel; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to work in a team environment as well as independent work.
• Ability to set priorities; ability to handle multiple projects at the same time on a deadline; ability to perform detailed and precise work.
• Excellent research, clerical and computer skills including internet search engines and databases.
• Knowledge of various computer software: word, excel and publisher to assist patrons and use for job reports and publicity.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, or the ability to obtain one.
Send an Anderson County Library application (Employment Application (andersonlibrary.org) and a resume with three professional references (which include name, address, telephone and e-mail contact information) to Crystal Pepper, Human Resources, Anderson County Library, 300 N. McDuffie Street, Anderson, SC 29621 or email@example.com Reference and background check will be conducted. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed in lieu of a completed ACL application to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.