JOB TITLE: Branch Librarian, Grade 26
LOCATION: Chesnee Library
DATE AVAILABLE: November 1st, 2023
SALARY: $47,825 yearly (Includes generous benefit package)
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Mon. 11:00am-8:00pm; Tue.-Fri. 9:00am-6:00pm; Every 4th Saturday, 9:00am-4:00pm
(Note: Must be flexible to accommodate schedule changes, may be asked to work other times as needed).
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in library science from an accredited ALA library school, with knowledge of branch services in public libraries with a minimum of three years supervisory experience preferred. Must complete pre-employment testing.
• Oversees daily functions of the library including scheduling, building needs, patron interactions, and procedures.
• Builds relationships within the community, attending meetings and connecting to local services.
• Sets standards for the branch to provide superior customer service when assisting all patrons.
• Participates in the interview and selection process for all branch staff.
• Regularly meets with branch staff to coordinate their training, supervise their work, and evaluate their performance.
• Oversees the branch programming budget, extra hours budget, and funds from the local Friends of the Library.
• Collaborates with the directors who oversee system-wide programming, collections, and services.
• Oversees branch building upkeep and operations, including keeping an open line of communication with the facilities, systems, and security departments.
• Stays informed of the needs and interests of all ages through library patron interactions and reading of current literature.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Master’s degree in library science from an accredited ALA library school, with knowledge of branch services in public libraries
• Thorough knowledge of professional library principles and practices, with three years of library experience and supervisory experience
• Forward-thinking, with the drive to set and accomplish long-term goals for the branch
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with technology
• Ability to establish deadlines, monitor progress, and work well with a team
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Valid driver’s license with the ability to drive to other libraries or community outreach
The Library accepts applications when a job position is available. Drug Testing is a part of the
Library’s hiring process. If you require any accommodations in applying for any position, please do not
hesitate to ask. The Spartanburg County Public Library is proud to be tobacco free.
Master’s degree in library science from an accredited ALA library school, with knowledge of branch services in public libraries with a minimum of three years supervisory experience preferred.