This position is located at the Headquarters Branch Library and is responsible for the overall supervision of the Local and State History Department, including management of the collection, supervision, training, and scheduling of staff in the Local and State History department. Co-coordinates the supervision, training, and scheduling of AS staff for general information services. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Headquarters Branch Manager. This position regularly acts as Team Lead in the absence of the Headquarters Branch Manager.
• Provides in-depth genealogy and/or family history research services and reader’s advisory services to the public.
• Supervises, trains, evaluates, and schedules Local & State History and Adult Services staff to ensure policies and procedures are followed, customers are given efficient, prompt, and competent assistance, and pleasant working conditions are maintained.
• Develops and presents training for the system at all eight branch locations to ensure the library’s continued delivery of fast, efficient, and accurate reference services.
• Works with the Training Coordinator to develop and schedule Local & State History and/or Genealogy training, as assigned.
• Develops and conducts adult programs through the Adult Programming Council. Evaluates services, programming, and materials collection for assigned department to ensure compliance with library’s five-year plan.
• Researches, identifies, develops, and prepares proposals and applications for public and private grant opportunities under the direction of library leadership and management.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in Library Science and one (1) year of professional library experience, preferably including six months of supervisory experience.
Experience with genealogy and/or family history research resources and methods preferred; experience with archives and preservation of documents is preferred.
Trainee candidates must have at least 12 months experience as an MLS professional librarian in a public library
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cumberlandcountync/jobs/3811718/librarian-ii-local-state-history-pos117000045
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Contact Amanda Turnmire (910) 678-6101 firstname.lastname@example.org
at the Cumberland County Human Resources Department.
Library website: https://www.cumberlandcountync.gov/departments/library-group/library