The South Carolina State Library. Columbia, SC.
Columbia combines all the graces of the rich past with the vibrance of the emerging Sun Belt. It's the state capital and home to a major university. One of America's outstanding zoos, Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Gardens, is just minutes from the state capital. The State Museum also tells the colorful history of South Carolina. If you like water sports, Lake Murray is a 50,000-acre playground less than 15 minutes from the heart of the city.
The South Carolina State Library (SCSL) serves the people of South Carolina by supporting state government and libraries to provide opportunities for learning in a changing environment. We develop, support, and sustain a thriving statewide community of learners committed to making South Carolina stronger.
If you are looking for an organization that offers:
- a collaborative and inclusive work environment
- an excellent work culture
- paid professional memberships
- professional development and learning opportunities for staff
- tuition assistance
- an opportunity to work with professionals that are passionate about delivering exceptional results and advancing the mission and vision of their organization
Then South Carolina State Library is the organization for you!
The South Carolina State Library is the primary administrator of federal and state support for the state's libraries. SCSL bears responsibility for public library development, service for the blind and physically handicapped, and library service to state government agencies. The Agency is a locus for collaborative library endeavors of all kinds and works closely with the University of South Carolina’s School of Library and Information Science. Headquartered in downtown Columbia, SCSL is well-supported with state and federal funds. We serve the people of South Carolina by supporting state government and libraries to provide opportunities for learning in a changing environment. The State Library succeeds because of the people we employ: Passionate professionals who believe South Carolina library users deserve first-rate resources, services, and support. We are seeking talented, enthusiastic individuals who wish to join us in making a contribution to the development of great public libraries. The South Carolina State Library is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
We have a great career opportunity available for a Digital Media Designer in our Columbia, South Carolina headquarters.
Plans, develops, and deploys a comprehensive strategy to facilitate effective, timely, and impactful informational or educational communications that enable an agency to engage with its respective audiences using appropriate digital communications platforms.
The candidate must have excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact courteously and effectively with internal and external customers. They should have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines under limited supervision. They must have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all levels of staff and management.
Hiring Range: $35,360 - $50,394
Need more reasons to apply?
SCSL is committed to providing our employees with a collaborative and inclusive work environment that provides challenging work, personal and professional growth, and a work/life balance.
In addition to all the great perks we’ve already shared, we also offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement, and more
- 15 days of annual leave per year
- 15 days of sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- Team Building Activities – We believe in growing together
Don’t miss this great opportunity to take your career to the next level! Apply today.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age (over 40), sex, including pregnancy and childbirth (or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Execute a social media strategy consisting of posts, campaigns, and schedules.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and recommend additional social media platforms that benefit the State Library and corresponding brands.
- Draft and approve social media content to engage target audiences and promote State Library programs, resources, and services.
- Respond promptly, accurately, and appropriately to comments and inquiries posted on State Library social media platforms.
- Create graphics and imagery for social media posts.
- Design layouts for printed and promotional materials.
- Conduct an annual review of agency branding to ensure appropriate deployment via all communication channels; update as needed.
- Take photos and shoot video for agency, projects, promotions, and activities.
- Provide training on social media and communications-related topics for State Library staff, state government employees, and public library staff.
- Engage with appropriate marketing and social media groups, and seek networking opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- A high school diploma and relevant experience. An associate degree or a bachelor’s degree in a related field may substitute for the required work experience.
- Submit samples from portfolio (social media posts, infographics, graphic design, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with Sprout Social
- Ability to interpret analytic statistics and make recommendations based on results.
All applications must be submitted online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/3653835/digital-media-designer?department=State%20Library&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
South Carolina State Library
1500 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201