We have a great career opportunity available for a Digital Media Designer in our Columbia, South Carolina headquarters.
Plans, develops, and deploys a comprehensive strategy to facilitate effective, timely, and impactful informational or educational communications that enable an agency to engage with its respective audiences using appropriate digital communications platforms.
The candidate must have excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact courteously and effectively with internal and external customers. They should have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines under limited supervision. They must have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all levels of staff and management.
- Execute a social media strategy consisting of posts, campaigns, and schedules.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and recommend additional social media platforms that benefit the State Library and corresponding brands.
- Draft and approve social media content to engage target audiences and promote State Library programs, resources, and services.
- Respond promptly, accurately, and appropriately to comments and inquiries posted on State Library social media platforms.
- Create graphics and imagery for social media posts.
- Design layouts for printed and promotional materials.
- Conduct an annual review of agency branding to ensure appropriate deployment via all communication channels; update as needed.
- Take photos and shoot video for agency, projects, promotions, and activities.
- Provide training on social media and communications-related topics for State Library staff, state government employees, and public library staff.
- Engage with appropriate marketing and social media groups, and seek networking opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- A high school diploma and relevant experience. An associate degree or a bachelor’s degree in a related field may substitute for the required work experience.
- Submit samples from portfolio (social media posts, infographics, graphic design, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with Sprout Social
- Ability to interpret analytic statistics and make recommendations based on results.
Hiring Range: $35,360 - $50,394
Need more reasons to apply?
SCSL is committed to providing our employees with a collaborative and inclusive work environment that provides challenging work, personal and professional growth, and a work/life balance.
In addition to all the great perks we’ve already shared, we also offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement, and more
- 15 days of annual leave per year
- 15 days of sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- Team Building Activities – We believe in growing together
Don’t miss this great opportunity to take your career to the next level! Apply today.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age (over 40), sex, including pregnancy and childbirth (or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
All applications must be submitted online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/3653835/digital-media-designer?department=State%20Library&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
South Carolina State Library
1500 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201