JOB TITLE: Assistant Branch Librarian, Grade 24
LOCATION: Boiling Springs
DATE AVAILABLE: September 1st, 2022
SALARY: $42,525 yearly
HOURS: 40hrs per week
Week 1&4: Monday, 8:30am-5:30pm; Tuesday, 8:30am-5:30pm; Wednesday, 12:00pm-9:00pm; Thursday, 8:30am-5:30pm; Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm
Week 2: Monday, 8:30am-6:00pm; Tuesday, 8:30am-5:30pm; Wednesday, 12:00pm-9:00pm; Thursday, 8:30am-5:30pm; Saturday, 9:30am-6:00pm
Week 3: Sunday, 1:00pm-6:00pm; Tuesday, 8:30am-5:30pm; Wednesday, 12:00pm-9:00pm; Thursday, 8:30am-5:30pm; Friday, 8:30am-6:00pm
EDUCATION: ALA/MLS with a minimum of three years’ experience in a public library preferred and a minimum of two years proven supervisory experience
• Supports the Branch Librarian in communicating information to staff, creating schedules, evaluating operations, managing the collection, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Assists the branch librarian in setting standards for the branch to provide superior customer service when assisting patrons of all ages with information requests, reader’s advisory questions, computers, digital devices, and other library equipment.
• Serves as acting supervisor in the absence of the Branch Librarian.
• Plans, organizes, promotes, and presents a variety of programming, occasionally seeking grants for local programming.
• Meets regularly with pages to coordinate training, supervise work, and evaluate performance.
• Assists in overseeing branch building operations such as communicating needs with the facilities department concerning janitorial services, groundskeeping, and more.
• Serves as a liaison with the local Friends of the Library and other community agencies as well as fostering new partnerships in the community.
• Assists the Branch Librarian in maintaining a programming budget generated through Friends of the Library sales, including approving purchases, overseeing petty cash, and making deposits.
• Other tasks as assigned by the Branch Librarian
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Master’s degree in Library Science from an accredited ALA library school
• Thorough knowledge of professional library principles and practices with public library and supervisory experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of adult literature and movies for all ages
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and pay attention to detail
• Comfortable and proficient with technology
• Interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to build teams and exercise initiative, independent judgment, and flexibility
• Valid driver’s license with the ability to drive to other libraries or community outreach
The Library accepts applications when a job position is available. Applications are available at all
checkout desks. Drug Testing is a part of the
Library’s hiring process. If you require any accommodations in applying for any position, please do not
hesitate to ask. The Spartanburg County Public Library is proud to be tobacco free.
ALA/MLS with a minimum of three years’ experience in a public library preferred and a minimum of two years proven supervisory experience
Email Application, Resume and Cover letter to Kayleigh Kehm