Position Summary Information
Piedmont Technical College invites applications for an Assistant Librarian position. This position is an integral part of the Library and reports to the Library Director.
Supporting the college mission and vision, the Assistant Librarian designs and implements strategies for teaching, learning, and research. In collaboration with faculty and staff, the Assistant Librarian helps create a successful learning environment for students and other college constituents and prioritizes diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. The incumbent provides a variety of professional library services to library users such as teaching instructional sessions and assisting with collection development, interlibrary loan, and acquisitions.
• Plan, teach, and assess information literacy instruction in a variety of formats on all campuses
• Create electronic subject guides and tutorials to support academic instruction.
• Explore, evaluate, and encourage deployment of emergent technologies into library programs and services
• Conduct ongoing assessments of student learning and contribute to departmental assessment projects
• Support faculty with their class assignment collection needs, research and training. Serve as liaison to academic departments
• Provide in-person and virtual information, research, and reference services
• Locate and process Interlibrary Loan materials
• Evaluate and upgrade print and electronic resources
• Create and maintain acquisition records for new materials in the integrated library system
• Assist with planning, budgeting, reporting and assessment
• Serve on the Library Advisory Committee and other college groups
• Participate in library conferences and events on local and state levels
• Additional duties as assigned
• ALA-accredited graduate degree in library and information science
• Two years of experience in an academic library
• Three or more years of experience in an academic library
• Experience providing in-person and virtual information, research, and reference services
• Experience in designing and conducting information literacy classes
• Experience with emerging information technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience with patrons from diverse ethnic, socio-economic, cultural, and disability background or conditions
Salary range is $45,000 - $85,000.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance plans, and the South Carolina Retirement Plan.
Application materials must be received by February 1, 2022, to receive full consideration, although the search will remain open until the position is filled.
How to Apply
An on-line application must be fully completed for consideration along with a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume is welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
EOE Statement: Piedmont Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply.