SALARY: $66,599.95 annually
The Cliffdale Regional Branch is seeking a highly skilled and dedicated professional to fill the role of Senior Librarian Branch Manager. This position entails the execution of complex library duties, including the administration of the Cliffdale Regional Library. The incumbent will play a key role in overseeing diverse services, encompassing Information and Outreach Services, Youth Services, Circulation Services, and Paging.
• Serves as primary Team Lead and ensures safety and security for all customers and staff, is knowledgeable, competent, and accountable on all items associated with their location.
• Hires, supervises, trains, and evaluates, department managers, and branch staff to ensure policies and procedures are followed and library goals are met.
• Conducts regular staff meetings and ensures communication between departments and individuals.
• Maintains a well-organized, current branch collection by making recommendations for new and retrospective materials to the Division Manager for Collection Development & Technology Innovation. Purges the collection of obsolete and/or worn materials.
• Identifies characteristics of the branch service area to recommend materials and to plan and present needed programs, services, and community outreach activities, in response to the changing needs of the community.
• Chairs task forces and/or ongoing committees, and oversees special projects as assigned, e.g., grant-writing, shifting of collections.
• Keeps staff informed of system wide initiatives; promotes library trends and new technologies to branch staff.
• Compiles, prepares, and maintains essential reports, records, and statistics for the branch.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in Library Science and three and a half (3½) years of professional library experience to include two (2) years of supervisory experience in a library setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Management in a Public Library setting preferred.
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Contact Amanda Turnmire (910) 678-6101 firstname.lastname@example.org
at the Cumberland County Human Resources Department.
Library website: https://www.cumberlandcountync.gov/departments/library-group/library