SALARY: $40,682.77 Annually
An employee in this position is responsible for providing advanced library services to customers at youth services desks by answering reference questions and assisting youth, parents, and caregivers with the selection of material and the use of library resources. Develops and presents programs for youth, birth through grade 12. Assists in youth collection development and system-wide initiatives.
• Maintains a dynamic and customer-service oriented youth department by assisting customers find information in a variety of formats, including in person, online or over the phone. Assists customers with digital needs, including computers, printing, and other items as needed.
• Creates engaging displays, brochures, and other materials to promote library services, resources, or programs. Staffs service points on a regular schedule.
• Develops, conducts, and evaluates a calendar of engaging and dynamic age-appropriate programs for youth on a variety of topics including literacy, science, technology, engineering, arts, and math.
• Promotes the library through active community engagement and outreach activities and programs at local schools, daycares, and other community agencies and events.
• Assists in collection development through selection and deselection of materials.
• Serves on the Youth Services Leadership Team and other communities as needed or assigned.
• Participates in development and presentation of system wide training in skills related to youth services. Attends trainings as needed.
• Acts as the Team Lead for the department or branch in the absence of the department or branch manager as needed.
Master of Library Science degree required.
Trainee applicants must have completed at least 75% of required course work towards an MLS and submit a letter from the dean of the library school that states the number of credit hours already obtained and that the candidate can complete all master’s degree requirements within twelve months.
Experience in working with children and young adults preferred
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
contact Amanda Turnmire, Cumberland County Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org