The South Carolina State Library is proud to announce a partnership with the People Connect Institute (PCI) to offer access to hundreds of archived webinars that address a wide variety of challenges and opportunities for public library staff, directors, trustees and more.
New webinars are being created weekly, so this archive is always expanding. Webinars are organized into 4 broad categories:
- Library Services - Topics include customer service, reader's advisory, community building, programming, partnerships, etc.
- Leadership Management - Topics include advocacy, workforce development, culture building, communication (from a leadership position), management, coaching, leadership, and a series for Trustees
- Skills Development - Topics include collection management, ethics, communication (general), change management (employee side), mental wellness and stress management, and workflow and productivity
- Technology and Social Media - Topics include emerging technology, website management, social media uses and skills, and tips and tricks for specific technology (e-readers, overdrive, etc.).
Please contact Tiffany Hayes, Continuing Education Consultant, at email@example.com or 803-545-4206, for the archive's login information and further details.
In addition to offering the webinar archive, the State Library will also be offering up to 25 free seats for selected live webinars each month. Please visit the South Carolina State Library events calendar to register.
Upcoming featured webinars will be
- 2 p.m. Tuesday, November 15 - Fuel Your Future Growth: Making the Most of Networking and Professional Development Opportunities
- 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 16 - Mastering Difficult Workplace Communications Challenges
- 2 p.m. - Thursday, January 26 - So You Think Want to Be a Manager: What the Job Description Won't Tell You
Finally, Andrew Sanderbeck of the People's Connect Institute will be offering an in-person Customer Service training on December 1, 2016 from 10 a.m - 4:30 p.m. at the Hughes Main Branch of the Greenville County Library System.
Angry Customers! A Crash-Course in Handling Some of the Worst Customers That Come Through Your Doors was one of the most well received training sessions that the State Library has sponsored, with all of the participants rating it "excellent" overall. The communication techniques that it imparts are useful not just with library customers, but in everyday life.
Space is limited, so register today.