SC LENDS Fast Facts
- SC LENDS is a consortium of libraries around the state that has agreed to share resources and circulating materials.
- SC LENDS stands for “South Carolina Library Evergreen Network Delivery System.”
- SC LENDS benefits patrons by giving them access to more materials than ever before. Together, SC LENDS libraries serve the population of 1/3rd of the state's counties and circulate more than 2.5 million items.
- SC LENDS libraries share a single catalog, which means that patrons can search for items at any of the libraries as easily as they search for items at their home library.
- Requesting items is as simple as clicking a button. Within a few days, any available circulating item can be delivered from any SC LENDS library across the state.
- SC LENDS benefits libraries by helping them take advantage of economies of scale and share expertise with other libraries around the state.
- SC LENDS libraries are implementing the Evergreen open-source integrated library system (ILS). By using open source, SC LENDS libraries estimate that they save more than $300,000 a year in costs.
- The following libraries have joined SC LENDS:
- Allendale - Hampton - Jasper Regional Library
- Anderson County Library
- Beaufort County Library
- Calhoun County Library
- Chester County Library
- Chesterfield County Library
- Colleton County Library
- Dorchester County Library
- Fairfield County Library
- Florence County Library
- Kershaw County Library
- South Carolina State Library
- Union County Carnegie Library
- Williamsburg County Library
- York County Library