- Directs and supervises the operations of the children’s library service.
- Makes assignments to staff.
- Trains and evaluates staff.
- Plans and promotes the Summer Reading Program
- Coordinates children’s service operations with other library services and functions.
- Develops programs and services to meet specific needs of children.
- Provides reference service to children and their caregivers.
- Provides readers’ advisory service to children and their caregivers.
- Prepares and presents programs to children, including but not limited to story time programs, puppet shows, and craft programs.
- Monitors the conditions of the Children’s Room.
- Meets with library staff and others to coordinate activities and exchange information.
- Selects books and other materials for children.
- Represents the library on children’s services committees and serves as the authority on children’s services.
- Implements the Dolly Parton Imagination Library in Greenwood County.
- Any other duties as required or assigned.
- A Master’s degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university plus three years of progressively responsible library administration experience, including one year in a supervisory or lead capacity in children’s library service, OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting on the basis of one year of experience for each year of education.
- Excellent communication and technical skills.
- Ability to perform the job functions; additional skills as required by job.
Compensation: Based on experience and applicable education.
Interested applicants should complete the job application on the Library's website at http://www.youseemore.com/greenwood/contentpages.asp?loc=150.