Call for Proposals
The University of South Carolina Upstate Library will be holding a Transforming Librarians through Technology conference on May 5, 2016. We are looking for librarians and/or library science students to share how technology is transforming libraries and librarians.
Proposals should be emailed as a .doc or .docx attachment to Lola Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2016 for consideration by the conference planning committee. Please include your name, job title or student, library or library school name, e-mail address, telephone number, type of presentation (program, lightning session, or keynote), and 3-5 sentence description of your presentation. Presenters will be notified by March 25, 2016 of acceptance or non-acceptance. The full conference agenda will be available on April 1, 2016 on the conference website: http://uscupstate.libguides.com/transforminglibrarians.
This is a call for proposals for:
- Programs- 45 minutes long
- We are looking for programs on the following types of topics:
- An innovative use of technology and how it has improved library services
- How free technology tools are successfully being used in a library
- How technology is being used for distance education or instruction in libraries
- Any other topics related to technology in libraries
- Lightning sessions- 7-8 minutes long
- These lightning rounds should focus on one technology tool and how it is being used in your library
- This should focus on more recent technology tools, such as PowToon, Padlet, etc.
- A variety of technology tools are welcome and library science students are welcome to submit proposals as well about how a technology tool could be used in a library
- Keynote- 1 hour long
- We are hoping for a keynote that talks about how technology has changed and will change librarianship in the recent past and in the near future
Note: The conference will cost $25, which includes a continental breakfast, coffee or tea, and a boxed lunch. If you have questions, please contact Breanne Kirsch at email@example.com or Lola Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org.