The Scotland County Memorial Library, an NC Cardinal Library, is seeking an energetic Youth Services Librarian to provide excellent library services to children and teens. Hiring Salary Range: $39,336 - $42,360 annually plus benefits
Duties: Essential duties of the youth services librarian are developing and presenting age appropriate programs for youth, birth through grade 12, both within the library and at other designated locations outside the library, system-wide collection development of children’s and young adult collections, providing reader’s advisory and reference assistance to youth, parents, and caregivers. Manages the Children’s Library and engages readers. Promotes library services and resources through creative displays, marketing, and social media. Coordinates outreach and community engagement opportunities. Other duties as assigned.
• ALA accredited Master’s degree in Library Science (MLS)
• Experience planning and presenting programs for children and teens
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the Internet, library automation systems, and other information technologies.
• Ability to perform well as both a leader and a team member.
• Must be able to work effectively with children, young adults and their parents. Additionally, must be able to coordinate outreach and services to schools and other community organizations.
• Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
• Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills.
• Valid driver’s license
Apply online via www.scotlandcounty.org Career Opportunities