Richland Library St. Andrews serves as an active community with diverse cultural and economic backgrounds. Situated in the heart of the St. Andrews area of Richland County and close to the Lexington County line, this location has many out of county card holders. We seek someone energetic, outgoing and positive to engage with customers. This person is a natural teacher, trainer, and leader. Strong technology skills are a must. The ideal candidate may be someone with good experience in retail or hospitality. Here are some of things you would be doing if hired for this position:
- Assisting the St. Andrews Manager and librarians with the overall management and leadership of that location, including helping to keep the workflow properly moving and creating personalized customer experiences
- Leading, coaching, training, and supervising part-time employees and volunteers, guiding priorities within activities and tasks
- Managing operations during absence of higher level staff
- May assist the location manager in managing employee performance for success
- Assisting the St. Andrews Manager with aspects of interviewing, hiring, and training of new staff and volunteers
- Planning and assisting with activities and events for people of all ages
- Assisting library customers with downloading digital materials and troubleshooting a wide variety of devices and e-readers
- Assisting library customers with technology, internet, and software questions (examples include Microsoft Office, email, and online job applications)
- Answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives
- Actively supporting the needs of the library, including shelving materials; creating and maintaining displays; performing opening and closing procedures; maintaining supplies, statistics and cash reconciliations; cleaning, checking, and troubleshooting equipment; scheduling and confirming meeting room reservations; sustaining the library’s collection
- Paying careful attention to detail when handling library materials and completing established library processes to ensure the best possible experience for the customer
- Finding and promoting efficiencies, including working to help ensure correct location and condition of items and materials so that customers receive materials and services they desire
- Contributing effectively to understanding and maintaining the library system for organizing and moving materials
- Bachelor’s degree (two years college plus at least eight years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree)
- Transcript must be presented upon hire
- Preference for at least one year clerical or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered -- preference may be given to relevant experience within a service industry
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a very good understanding of technology
- Ability to perform duties of the job functions; additional skills as required by job
APPLY IMMEDIATELY at https://rcpl.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities. No deadline is presently established for this Vacancy. Applications being accepted now. When a deadline is determined, the deadline will be announced 24 hours in advance on the Library’s website.
Please do not send your resume/cover letter separately; only materials submitted through our online system are reviewed. All applicants must submit an online employment application using our online system. In addition to the online application, you may also attach your resume and/or cover letter within the online system; but the resume and/or cover letter will not be acceptable as an alternative to completing the online application fully.
Keep in mind that if you are applying for multiple positions, you will need to submit an application for each position.