The Shared Library Services Platform (SLSP) Systems Librarian is a member of the PASCAL team that supports the management of the SLSP for participating South Carolina academic libraries. The SLSP is a 55-member library Ex Libris Alma and Primo implementation with a shared “Network Zone” and 53 "Institution Zones." Reporting to the SLSP Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating and providing direct technical support for the libraries in PASCAL’s SLSP. The incumbent works in close cooperation with other PASCAL team members, and a variety of external stakeholders through the consortia’s Collaborative Management Framework in order to facilitate system support. The job duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides and coordinates SLSP system management, implementation of ancillary tools (3rd party software, APIs, etc.) as needed to better support Library operations;
- Analyzes, documents, and resolves system issues and coordinates responses with the vendor, PASCAL staff, and the Libraries;
- Coordinates or provides training and support so that Library staff can achieve effective and efficient use of the system;
- Provides front-line user support in a variety of formats, including via help desk software;
- Coordinates new software releases and evaluates the functionality of optional features for the system;
- In conjunction with member Librarians, researches, evaluates, and makes recommendations relating to external third-party products that may provide enhanced functionality or services based on the shared system;
- Serves as a functional expert and provides leadership in one or more system functional areas. These may include discovery access and design, fulfillment, metadata, electronic resource management, system administration, etc.;
- Participates in a project management-based approach to advance the adoption and use of the system, particularly in pursuit of objectives as outlined in PASCAL’s strategic agenda;
- Actively participates in and represents PASCAL in various internal and external working groups, as appropriate;
- Provides technical support for internal operations and activities which may include desktop and network support; website, and project management and ticketing toolsets (e.g. LibGuides, Basecamp, etc.);
- May be involved in training of graduate student assistants and/or interns upon occasion.
*PLEASE NOTE: One frequently asked question about our positions involves the state's "job-type" description for PASCAL jobs as “Temporary Grant" positions. This is required for positions that are not funded using state-appropriated funds. PASCAL positions are funded by the membership and the consortium considers this a permanent staff position.
Learn more about PASCAL: http://pascalsc.org.
- Masters of library Science from and ALA-accredited institution.
- Experience with library systems support.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting information technology systems including training.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Knowledge and experience of systems support for automated Library systems.
- Knowledge of academic Library operations and current Library organization, procedures and services including technical support, catalog management, collection development, or reference services.
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to coordinate work with others in a team environment.
- Position may require overnight travel.
- Position may require employee to work evenings and weekends.
- Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application will be required to bring a copy of college transcript to the interview. A copy of the transcript may also be uploaded as an attachment to the application, if required by the hiring department or if desired by the applicant. Please note that some areas of the Department may require an official, certified copy of the transcript prior to hiring or within a specific timeframe required by that area, after hiring. Failure to produce an official, certified transcript may result in not being hired or termination.
- Upon hiring, candidate must submit official college transcript or diploma for degree(s) obtained.
- At least 2-3 years demonstrated experience managing integrated Library systems.
- Experience managing Alma and/or Primo VE.
- Experience with multiple areas of Library operations including systems, fulfillment, discovery, resource management, metadata, etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining websites, particularly using the Springshare suite of tools.
- Experience operating within a Library consortium environment.
- Interface design experience.
- Project management training or experience, including use of complex tools.
- Experience developing and maintaining user support activities and tools.
- Experience providing internal office technical support.