Are you creative, filled with energy to perform outstanding work in an outstanding place? Do you love to meet and engage with people, especially with talented high school students, amazing employees and Arts community?
If you answered yes to both of these questions, then we need YOU.
Providing outstanding customer service to our Govie community is at the heart of what we do in the John I. Smith Charities Library. As a Part-Time Library Assistant, you will provide library services to students and employees.
Duties will range from materials movement and performing library support duties to assisting with circulation and account management.
If you were working with us and our community, you would be:
• Engaging, encouraging, and assisting diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming,
professional, and respectful manner
• Answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials,
programs, and initiatives.
• Helping with opening and/or closing a library closing procedures, ensuring the location is organized
and safe for operations.
• Assisting in the maintaining of supplies, statistics, cleaning, checking, and trouble-shooting
equipment; shelving materials and sustaining the Library’s collection.
• Performing other duties as required or assigned.
Salary: $13-15 per hour, based on experience. Up to 20-26 hours per week.
What are the job requirements?
• High school graduation, plus at least two years of training from a college, university, or business school.
• At least one-year of clerical or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to relevant experience within a service industry and/or relevant experience working with high school students or in a school setting. Priority will be given to candidates with some knowledge of the arts and previous work in a library.
• Excellent communication and technical skills, including a good understanding of technology.
• Additional skills as required by job, and ability to perform all job duties.
Your job will involve your being active and “on the move” in our Library: It will include standing, walking, crouching, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds, and lifting up to 25 pounds. We are guided by our shared Vision: Mission and Beliefs “...to serve artistically gifted high school students of South Carolina through programs of pre-professional instruction in an environment of artistic and academic excellence.”
Why the South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities? We value the whole child, mutual respect, collaboration, responsibility, intellectual curiosity, growth, and service-learning. In our instructional capacities, we value innovative curriculum, individualized instruction, program integration, and leadership.
Send a completed state application and resume to email@example.com. This is a temporary part-time position without health benefits but there is an option to participate in retirement benefits. For additional information you may contact the Office of Human Resources at (864) 282-3781.