SALARY: $56,443.30 Annually
This position is located at the Library Headquarters and assists in managing the activities of the entire library and serves in the absence of the Director and the Deputy Director. This position performs complex administrative and advanced professional library work in system-wide planning, implementation and evaluation of the programs and services areas impacting Youth (customers birth through 18).
• Directs system wide Youth Services planning and programming through standards
• Develops Competencies and Training to ensure a high quality of programs and services
• Coordinates marketing and public awareness of youth services and resources
• Pursues grants for Youth Services while in communication with the Management Team and Youth Services staff
• Supervises and evaluates the work of the Emerging Adult Services Specialist to ensure full services to teens and young adults
Master's degree in Library Science and five years of professional public library experience in the assigned area as a Youth/children's librarian to include three years of supervisory experience in a public library.
Trainee Appointment: Trainee appointments will be considered for applicants that have at least 4 ½ years' experience as a MLS youth/children's librarian in a public library system and 2 ½ years of library supervisory experience working with all levels of library personnel.
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cumberlandcountync
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
Inquiries about this job posting may be directed to Amanda Turnmire, Cumberland County Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org