Under minimal supervision, is responsible for the physical plant and service operations of the St Helena Branch. Plans, directs, promotes and participates in the operations and activities in circulation, acquisitions, youth and information services. Exercises considerable judgment in making decisions concerning budgets, personnel and policy development. Works in a cooperative team relationship with the administrative team to ensure countywide development, implementation and evaluation of policies and procedures and to solve management problems. Salary: $23.72 hr
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program
- Three (3) years public service experience in a public library with relevant coursework
- Previous management/supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Eligibility for South Carolina Public Library Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- A Beaufort County application must be completed and submitted for each position for which you apply. Please put the correct title of the position on your application. All open positions are listed on this site. The list is updated on Fridays after 2PM.
- Resumes may accompany an application, but do not take the place of an application.
- Please read the entire job description including any special instructions regarding your application.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. THIS INCLUDES UNSIGNED APPLICATIONS.
- Late applications will not be considered. Please note if the position has a definite closing date. If so, applications are due by 5:00 PM that day unless otherwise stated. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY OUR OFFICE AFTER 5:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applicants not contacted within 30 business days of a position's closing date may consider the position filled.
- You will need to print the application from this web site (see below) or pick up one from our office at 100 Ribaut Road, Room 100, Beaufort, SC.
- You may mail or deliver your application in person.
- Mail: Employee Services Division, Beaufort Co. Council, P.O. Drawer 1228, Beaufort, SC 29901
- Hand deliver: Employee Services Division, 100 Ribaut Road, Room 100, Beaufort, SC 29902
- All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. http://www.bcgov.net/employment