GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Process and catalog materials for the library system. Perform professional library duties under direct or general supervision of Library Director or Office Manager. Perform additional related work as required.
Starting pay for this position is $20.00 an hour. This is an hourly position.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to: (Sample Duties)
- Process and catalog materials for the Chester County Library System; maintain contact with cataloging group and attend training meetings for cataloging.
- Perform collection development responsibilities; may be responsible for the selection, and maintenance of particular collections.
- Engage, encourage, and assist diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner.
- Plan and present programs for adults or children, such as storytimes for children and their families.
- Drive the library’s outreach vehicle.
- Assist with the training of staff in various areas.
- Assist with updating website.
- Operate and troubleshoot library equipment such as computers.
- Shift collection, arrange books, and shelve books in order to assist and maintain order in the library.
- Perform other associated duties as required or assigned.
The Candidate: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, be dependable, and complete tasks on schedule.
- Possess solid organizational and communication skills (specifically writing and reading).
- Be able to prioritize work and pay attention to detail.
- Have an extensive knowledge of literature.
- Customer Service Experience.
- A working knowledge of computer applications for library services and comfortable and proficient using current technology.
Hours: This position is a 20 hour a week position. Flexible schedule including working evenings and weekends.
ALA accredited MLS degree.
Eligible for or holds South Carolina certification.
Valid driver’s license with safe driving record.
Must be able to pass the required pre-employment physical and background check.
Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit an application, cover letter, resume, three references and salary requirements.
Please email your application to:
Or mail your application to:
Chester County Library
P.O. Box 74
Chester, SC 29706