SALARY: $43,009.80 to $ $44,079.00 Annually
An employee in this position is responsible for the overall supervision of the Local and State History Department, including management of the collection, and supervision, training, and scheduling of staff in the Local and State History department. Co-coordinates the supervision, training, and scheduling of IS staff for general information services. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Headquarters Services Manager. This position regularly acts as Person in Charge in the absence of the Headquarters Services Manager.
• Provides in-depth genealogy and/or family history research services for the public. Orients and instructs the public and staff in the use of the library’s online public access catalog.
• Supervises, trains, evaluates, and schedules Local & State History and information services staff to ensure policies and procedures are followed, customers are given efficient, prompt, and competent assistance, and pleasant working conditions are maintained.
• Develops and conducts adult programs through the Adult Programming Council. Works with the Librarian II Youth Services to coordinate curriculum-based programming for school visits.
• Develops and presents proscribed training for the system at all eight branch locations to ensure the library’s continued delivery of fast, efficient, and accurate reference services through print and electronic resources. Works with the Training Coordinator to develop and schedule training.
• Oversees collection development work and purging of obsolete and/or worn materials for the assigned areas within the facility. Selects and recommends for purchase printed, audiovisual and electronic material in assigned subject areas to develop and maintain for public use under the direction of the Division Manager for Collection Development.
Master of Library Science degree (MLS) and two years of professional librarian experience required. Additional Training/Experience MLS professional librarian experience in a public library preferred; experience with genealogy and/or family history research resources and methods preferred; experience with archives and preservation of documents is preferred; six months supervisory experience preferred. Trainee applicants must have at least 12 months experience as a MLS professional librarian in a public library Selected applicant must have access to transportation and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record at the time of hire. Within 60 days of hire, must obtain and show proof of a valid NC Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record while employed; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cumberlandcountync/default.cfm Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact the Cumberland County Human Resources Department at (910) 323-6100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Library website: http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccplsite/content/employment-opportunities