Librarian III/Learning and Innovation Coordinator #117000057
An employee in this position develops, coordinates and presents training and development for library staff that ensures a high level of competency in the delivery of customer service. Assesses and evaluates effectiveness of training. Oversees reference and information services to ensure the highest standards of customer service. Leads, directs, coordinates, supports and evaluates staff training activities at all library facilities through team development. Facilitates training system-wide. Facilitates and encourages the exploration of innovation in services and programs.
- Oversees the training of new staff in basic skills and competencies. Ensures that competencies are reflective of changing service needs in the library. Works with Library HR to ensure training checklists and methods of training are accurate and accessible.
- Maintains calendars of training and facilitates registration.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training methods and materials by surveying staff regularly on training needs.
- Documents staff participation in training, tracks statistics and reports on effectiveness of training.
- Reports on staff training monthly and annually at Trustee meeting.
- Oversees some training and travel allocation under the direction of the Deputy Director. Communicates funding availability, helps select attendees, and facilitates arrangements for conferences. Communicates with the Business Manager to ensure tracking of training funds.
- Coordinates module presentations for New Staff Orientation, Security Training, biannual Staff development Days and other regular system training.
- Creates instructional videos for library staff in consultation with senior staff
- Regularly updates the library’s training portal – including training documents, videos, checklists, and staff development plan.
- Directs Librarian II’s (IS and YS) in maintaining a high level of service through training, reference surveys and accountability measures. Assesses topics requested by the public and ensures staff access to reference materials.
- Works closely with the Division Managers to develop competencies and to provide training opportunities for all staff.
- Ensures that all staff are provided training opportunities directly related to the technology competencies.
- Ensures the development of materials for technology classes for standardization and efficiency.
- Participates in the assessment of the Book-a-Librarian service; develops training to support the changing needs of customers requesting the service.
- Regularly works service desks at various locations.
- Supports the Division Manager for Collection Development and Technology in leading the combined Electronic Databases Task Force and Innovation Review Team. The committee’s work and communications extend beyond regular physical meetings.
- Encourages all library staff to explore innovation and offer input on new services and programs to EDT/ IRT.
- Reports work of the committee regularly to DMT and to the Deputy Director for inclusion in the Quarterly Report.
- Participates in councils and meetings to communicate and seek input on training issues.
- Works with the State Library and other outside organizations including County Government to develop and present continuing education and other training.
- Reviews professional materials related to training, technology, and library trends; participates in library outreach events as requested or needed.
Master of Library Science degree (MLS) and three years of professional public library experience to include one year of supervisory experience in a public library.
Experience as a trainer or program presenter preferred.
Trainee candidates must have 30 months (2 ½ years) of professional public library experience to include six months of supervisory experience in a public library.
CONDITIONS: Selected applicant must have access to transportation and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record at the time of hire. Within 60 days of hire, must obtain and show proof of a valid NC Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record while employed; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cumberlandcountync/default.cfm.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.