SALARY: $43,009.80 to $45,370.00 annually
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: In this position you will be required to travel to and from multiple locations to perform some of the services and programs offered.
CONDITIONS: Selected applicant must have access to transportation and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record at the time of hire. Within 60 days of hire, must obtain and show proof of a valid NC Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record while employed; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
DUTIES: An employee in this position assists the Youth Services Division Manager in system-wide teen and new adult planning and programming; assumes responsibilities for Youth Services in the absence of the Youth Services Division Manager under the guidance of other Division Managers. Develops and implements dynamic system-wide services; coordinates and develops system-wide activities such as the annual Librari-Con, Teen Summer Reading Program, and STEAM programming; develops innovative programs and ensures their replication at various locations; assists with coordination and purchasing of craft kits; encourages the development of programs by other Youth Services staff and facilitates the sharing of programming resources.
• Coordinates the system-wide Misdemeanor Diversion Program.
• Leads a team approach by collaborating with staff and community partners to provide engaging and effective workforce development programs for ages 13 to 23; works closely with the library workforce development team leader to achieve this goal; including vocational job fairs.
• Assists the Youth Services Division Manager in setting agendas for Youth Services Council meetings.
• Participates in system-wide councils and task forces.
• Assists in the promotion of teen and new adult services and resources.
• Prepares and develops bibliographic tools to encourage use of the library's collection and resources.
• Promotes Youth Services by speaking to teachers and other faculty groups as well as community groups serving, or interested in teens and new adults.
• Coordinates outreach visits to middle and high schools with other Youth Services staff.
• Coordinates the sharing of assignment information with library staff to ensure optimum reference assistance for students. In addition, plans and implements outside programming for the emerging adult population.
• Performs reference assistance to all customers as scheduled.
• Provides training for Youth Services staff and other staff related to serving youth, ages 13-23; develops resources for on-going training and education related to youth, ages 13-23.
• Identifies and writes grants for the enhancement of Youth Services.
• Under the direction of the Youth Services Division Manager, maintains budgets and expenditures as assigned; compiles, prepares, and maintains reports, records, and statistics.
• Orders teen materials for the library system.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
• Pursues professional development by attending workshops, seminars and webinars and by reading professional journals.
Master of Library Science degree (MLS) with 18 months experience as a MLS professional librarian in a public library.
Master's degree in a related field and four years' experience in a K-12 educational institution or public library youth services department accepted; or Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science followed by six years' experience in a K-12 educational institution or public library youth services department.
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cumberlandcountync/default.cfm
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact Trina Whitfield (910) 323-6100 firstname.lastname@example.org
or the Cumberland County Human Resources Department at (910) 678-7655;