Plans, coordinates and implements library programs and Collection Development for the Youth Services Department. Provides technology and reference assistance to patrons. Advocates all library services, technologies, and programs to the community. Establishes partnerships and builds relationships with educational institutions and businesses within the community. Serves on System Committees.
• Plans, implements, and evaluates literacy and technology programs for ages birth through teen. Plans and implements workshops, group training, and one-on-one training for parents, teachers, daycare providers, home school parents, civic groups, and the public at large. Analyzes current levels of in-house and outreach programming services and patron demand to determine need for new programming types or changes in amounts or frequency of programming. Stays up to date on trends in programming (various literacies and STEAM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics).
• Evaluates and manages assigned collections. Reviews and selects materials for acquisition. Manages weeding and replacement of materials as needed. Collaborates with other librarians to determine budget appropriations. Evaluates donated materials for inclusion in the collection. Serves the library system by sitting on or chairing collection-focused committees. Evaluates Professional book reviews, statistics, and reports related to collection management in the selection and deselection of materials. Organizes materials in Youth Services department for optimal use. Selects and evaluates web resources.
• Provides reference and Readers Advisory services to patrons including researching and answering questions in person, over the phone, online, and in writing. Expertly assists library patrons in using various resources and technology such as tablets, eReaders, computers, copiers, scanners, etc. Creates bibliographies and maintains and updates Youth Services files. Creates displays to promote resources.
• Promotes the library and its services and programs to the public. Makes media and public appearances. Leads group tours of the library and represents the library to meetings of civic groups, schools, and other community organizations and events. Attends county and community meetings as appropriate.
• Participates in System Collection Development and program Committees. Maintains records and statistical data including programming, patron references, and collection data. Prepares and processes reports based on that data and provides analysis and action points. Suggests policy and procedure changes to services
• Serves as Manager on Duty for the branch. Assigns tasks to other staff members as needed. Coaches and mentors subordinates and colleagues. Interviews, trains, and supervises volunteers and interns. Assists in the training processes for other employees. Coordinates ordering of necessary supplies and equipment for department. Serves the library on professional committees. Performs other similar duties as required.
ALA accredited MLIS/MLS
3 - 5 years of professional library experience