Clemson University Libraries seek a service-oriented, innovative and collaborative librarian to support education and research in engineering and the sciences. The Engineering Librarian will provide research assistance, instruction, collection development, and outreach for departments in the College of Engineering, Computing, and Applied Sciences. The successful candidate will collaborate with university partners and institutes to develop and support innovative programs and services. This is a 12-month tenure track Faculty position and works under the direction of the Head of Information & Research Services.
- ALA-accredited graduate degree in librarianship, or a relevant, accredited graduate degree in another scholarly field as deemed appropriate by the Libraries
- Degree or coursework in engineering or a related STEM field
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- At least one-year of experience providing reference services in an academic or special library
- Experience working with engineers or in an engineering field
- Functional knowledge of engineering and science databases and software applications
- Experience designing, teaching, and assessing library instruction
- Experience developing LibGuides, tutorials, and digital learning objects
- Awareness of faculty and graduate student needs at a research institution
- Experience working with researchers to support relevant aspects of the research lifecycle
- Familiarity with patent searching, standards, and other engineering resources
- Experience selecting and deselecting materials for an academic library collection
Interested persons can learn more and apply here: https://apply.interfolio.com/67042.