Branch Librarian III-Chapin Branch
Job Posting # 006410
Salary Range: $43,681.00-$47,175.00
- Manages a medium branch. Supervises, trains, and guides staff.
- Assists in Strategic Planning for the branch, including facilities management.
- Oversees the Collection Development for the branch.
- Advocates library services through programs, community partnerships, and as the liaison to the Friends of the Library.
- Guides and assists customers in the use of technology and reference services.
- Provides high level customer service duties related to circulation and customer accounts.
- Manages all aspects of the branch. Ensures branch is staffed and operational for the public. Supervises staff including; scheduling, training, and evaluating. Coaches and mentors staff regarding personnel matters. Assesses unique circumstances and makes informed decisions concerning customer service and facilities management. Collects and maintains accurate records of fines and fees and makes bank deposits. Plans and budgets for office and household supplies.
- Plans for the branch based on community needs and on the vision and the mission of the library. Recommends changes or additions to facilities, services, and staffing. Assists in formulation of library policy and procedures, and ensures they are implemented.
- Manages the collection of materials for the branch. Develops internal branch collection budget based on allocations. Analyzes circulation statistics and trends in order to create a Development Plan for the branch. Selects and deselects materials based on community analysis.
- Advocates for the library by promoting services and programs to individuals, civic organizations, community agencies, and educational institutions.
- Cultivates partnerships through communication and interaction.
- Develops and presents dynamic programs for the public within the branch and through outreach activities.
- Provides opportunities for all ages to strengthen economic development, job skills, literacy, and recreation to build lifelong learning skills.
- Collaborates with the Friends of the Library.
- Provides reference and technology services for the public. Trains and assists the public in the use of the library equipment, print and online resources, and electronic devices, including instruction for downloading electronic materials.
- Prepares bibliographic tools to provide readers’ advisory for adults and youth.
- Provides quality customer service following library policies and procedures to successfully fulfill the needs and expectations of the public.
- Manages the day-to-day duties, such as the circulation of materials, customer account issues, and customer registrations. Generates and processes documents and reports relating to customer requests and internal operations.
- Performs other similar duties as required including working the Circulation Desk and Programming. May be called on to sub at other locations.
- Attends system-wide and community meetings. Participates in system-wide committees and planning initiatives.
Additional Job Requirements:
Requires public speaking and the ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds. Schedule includes day, night, and weekend hours. Requires a valid SC Driver’s License.
MLIS from an ALA accredited college or university; supplemented by 3-5 years of professional experience in public libraries, including supervisory and management experience.
Above combined with 5-10 years in public library management.
All applicants must apply on the County of Lexington website at www.lex-co.sc.gov and reference Job Posting # 006410.